Windows 10 Trying to reset my PC but I'm getting errors after errors

• Thread starter Thread starter megatomik
  • Start date Start date
M

megatomik

So, a bit of context. I recently installed a new GPU on my PC and all was fine, but today I found out that programs that used openGL were suddenly really, really unstable for some reason. After trying several things I decided to just reinstall Windows, but then I got faced with a "Your PC couldn't be reset, no changes were made" error (and it seemed to have made the stability issues even worse??).

So I tried the command "dism line /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth", but it just got stuck at 77.5% forever and wouldn't budge.

SoI tried "sfc /scannow" but then I also got an error that said "Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform the Requested Operation" at 79%.

Which itself led me to chkdsk repair on startup, but it also gets stuck at 39% for 5/10 minutes, reboots and prompts me with a "automatic repair - your PC did not start correctly" screen. If I click restart it just does the exact same thing again and I have to go to advanced options/continue to boot to Windows.

I have the strong feeling that if I try a clean install from a media file I'm just gonna get some critical error in the middle of it and I'm gonna end up with a non functioning PC altogether... So I'm not sure I want to try that right now

Continue reading...