Windows 10 Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep

• Thread starter Thread starter TerryEdberg
  • Start date Start date
T

TerryEdberg

Hello!

I have an issue which seems similar to what several other people have reported, unfortunately none of the suggested solutions seems to work for me.

In our household we a TP-Link Archer AX6000 router which provides internet access for several laptops, tablets and phones.

After resuming a Windows 10 laptop from sleep it takes everything from 30 seconds to several minutes for it to be able to access internet. However, during that time I am able to ping and SSH to other computers on the LAN. We have three laptops running Windows 10 and this is the situation for all of them. If I connect the laptop to the router via cable it happily reconnects to the internet immediately after waking up.

This does suggest some issue with the router but we have no issues with the tablets and phones running Android nor with the laptops running Ubuntu, they all reconnect and are allowed out on the internet after resuming from sleep. One laptop has both Windows 10 and Ubuntu installed and sees this issue with Windows 10 but not Ubuntu.

Things I have tried so far:

• Disabling "power saving by disabling the WiFi module at sleep"
  • Removing and reinstalling the network device
  • Updating the WiFi drivers
  • Disabling the firewall
  • Putting the system name in all caps
  • Requesting a new IP address directly after waking up
  • Flushing the DNS
  • Power cycling the router

I tried contacting the TP-Link support but the only answer they gave me was "it's hard to troubleshoot WiFi connectivity issues". So I am writing here in hopes that someone here has an idea about what is causing this issue.

Best regards

Terry

Continue reading...

Back