Windows 10 Unable to complete 1/12 Update - error 0x800f0922

• Thread starter Thread starter ConnorHausmann
  • Start date Start date
C

ConnorHausmann

As the title suggests, my computer is failing to update as per the newest update released by Windows.

The updates it is attempting to install are as follows:

>Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.329.2448.0)
>
>2021-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 (KB4586876)
>
>2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4598242)

After all Status' on the Windows Update GUI state "Pending Restart", I attempt to restart and update and I get hit with an error that the windows update has failed to install and that the files will be removed. I am then brought back to my lock screen and the Windows Update GUI prompts me for the updates once again.

Since this issue began this afternoon, I am no longer able to cleanly shut down my computer or put it to sleep. Shutting it down brings me back to the lock screen and putting it to sleep simply shuts off the monitors momentarily and then also puts me back to the lock screen.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on here?

I have made sure that all of the .Net Framework is installed and selected underneath the Windows Features tab and I have attempted shutting off the firewall on both my device and network to see if that would fix the issue.

My last successful update was on 1/12 and that was KB4592438

I’m not sure if it helps, but I’ve also looked into the partitions on my C: drive, they are as follows:

Volume: C:, Layout: Simple, Type: Basic, Status: Healthy (Boot, Page file, crash dump, basic data partition), capacity: 930GB, % Free: 67%

Volume: Disk 1 Partition 1, Layout: Simple, Type: Basic, Status: Healthy (EFI System Partition), capacity: 100 MB, % Free: 100%

Volume: Disk 1 Partition 4, Layout: Simple, Type: Basic, Status: Healthy (Recovery Partition), capacity: 505MB, % Free: 17%

Continue reading...

Back