Windows 10 Unable to get past the title screen of newly installed games due to broken "Xbox Identity Provider"

• Thread starter Thread starter Alan Fordyce
  • Start date Start date
A

Alan Fordyce

After installing and trying to play No Man's Sky via PC Game Pass yesterday I noticed an issue where the window that's supposed to appear and either ask me to select a Microsoft account or state that data is being synced (this one https://i.redd.it/23b0xzdg1zx01.jpg) was instead popping up briefly, closing, and then repeating that process every time I clicked to get past the title screen. I thought it was an issue with the game so I went to play another game I installed a while ago but had never played, Overcooked 2, and had the exact same thing happen. Again, thinking it was the game, I installed and tried to run Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 to have the exact same result. So again I installed another game, Moving Out, and had the same issue again. I then went to try two games I knew were working (Ark and Forza Horizon 4) which worked properly until I signed into Forza on my Xbox, played for a bit, then tried to resume on my PC. Now Forza is broken because it needs to sync the data from the Xbox.

I've noticed that whenever I try to get past the title of these screens I get the following in event viewer:
Error: "The server Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_12.64.28001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."
Warning: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD}

and APPID

{37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD}

to the user {{My User}} from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.GamingApp_2007.1000.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe SID (S-1-15-2-1723189366-2159580849-2248400763-1481059666-1951766778-2756563051-3565589001). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Things I've tried:
- Reinstalling the games.
- Resetting the games.

- Closing overlay apps.

- Using MSConfig to do a Diagnostic startup.

- Reinstalling Gaming Services.
- Rebooting numerous times.
- MalwareBytes scan, just in case.
- Resetting the MS Store (wsreset.exe).

- Signing out of all Xbox apps and the Store.- Resetting Windows Update and associated services.
- Updating all apps from the Store.
- Updating Windows 10 to 2004.
- Resetting every "Xbox *" app from Apps & Features.
- Resetting Winsock, because why not at this point.
- Using a VPN.
- Changing DNS to Google then CloudFlare after a a few reboots.
- Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Repairing the WMI Database.
- sfc /scannow

- Opening the Xbox Console Companion to ensure I'm signed in correctly.

- Googling the issue, including parts of the Event Viewer logs.
I'm currently out of things to try and I'd like some help that doesn't involve having to completely reinstall Windows.

Continue reading...

Back