Windows 7 Unable to install program, an error "The cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this...

• Thread starter Thread starter กันฏพิชญ์
  • Start date Start date

กันฏพิชญ์

Yesterday I downloaded the program called athome by ondemand to learn my lessons with the tutors at home from this site http://self.ondemand.in.th/learn_at_home/download.php via chrome the file is described "Windows Install Package" and its filename extension is .msi but when I was installing the program, there was a message box said "The cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package" but when I clicked "ignore", there was a message box said "FDI server error" So, I've tried to read the recommendations on many sites and what I do was I deleted the previous installed folder of this program, redownloaded the setup and reinstalled the program, but it didn't work. I tried to install it in different place(the previous is C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming), but it didn't work. I continued searching the resolution and got one different way. I opened command prompt, typed chkdsk /f and chldsk /r and restarted the windows to get the drive C checked. But this also didn't work. Can anyone tell me howto resolve this problem? I use windows 7 ultimate in the acer aspire e1 laptop.

Continue reading...

Back