Windows 10 unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN

• Thread starter Thread starter Cybot
  • Start date Start date
C

Cybot

I know this is probably not the correct forum for this, but I was unable to find a more appropriate forum for this issue.

I am trying to log into my Microsoft account to leave a comment on a Microsoft page, but for whatever reason, it is failing. My account is predates Windows 10, but has been in use continuously since it was originally opened. the error I am getting seems to be saying that it is not supporting the account which was originally opened as a Microsoft Passport account back in the day.

here is the error message below:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS500202: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the tenant-independent endpoint.

troubleshooting details:

Request Id: 9f0a497d-5709-472d-a896-9388989db300

Correlation Id: 9f448675-5d36-4c1c-8308-c9faab0dd065

Timestamp: 2020-10-25T15:43:13Z

Message: AADSTS500202: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the tenant-independent endpoint.

Live.com is or was originally a Microsoft domain through which my account was linked when i switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate. why is this error occuring and how do i get it to stop happening? this is not the first time this error has occured elsewhere on a microsoft owned site wwhen trying to log in. this error primarily seems to occur when i try and use my Windows 10 PIN to login to my Microsoft Account using Windows Hello. logging in using my Password and 2FA (Microsoft Authenticator) poses no issues.

Continue reading...