Windows 10 Unable to remove member from Family Group - "Please try again later. We can't do this right now."

• Thread starter Thread starter ivylain
  • Start date Start date
I

ivylain

Hello. My 12 yr old daughter created a Microsoft Account for herself and then added a friend of hers as a "family member" about 6 months ago. I am now trying to add her to our actual family account so that she can download Microsoft 365 for school and she is unable to join our family because she has child account tied to her current Microsoft Account. When I log into her account at account.microsoft.com/family I see her friend/child account list. I click on "More Options" --> "Remove from family group". Then when the pop-up appears asking if I am sure I want to remove, I select "Remove". It acts like it's going to remove it then comes back with a message "Please try again later. We can't do this right now." I have tried many times and I can't get it off her Microsoft account. I also went to the Computer Settings and Account info...I see the child account (her friend) listed but the only options I have are to "Block" or I can change her from a user to an Admin. Please help me get this friend off her account so she can leave the "family group" she created and join the active family account. Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back