Windows 10 Unable to update due to low memory on Windows 10 Tablet

• Thread starter Thread starter BJWALLACE
  • Start date Start date
B

BJWALLACE

Split from this thread.​

Thank you for sharing those details. If the requirements to successfully install the Creators Update are not met, setup will normally recommend these 2 options:

• Free up disk space using Disk Cleanup- This utility is designed to free up disk space on a computer's hard drive. This has also been proven to resolve storage errors since it scans and analyzes the hard drive for files that are no longer in use.
  • Attach an external storage device- You can connect an external hard disk or USB drive with a minimum 10GB of free space and use it to install the Creators Update on your device.

Let us know if further help is needed.

my 32GB / 2GB RAM windows 10 TABLET WILL NOT GIVE ME THE OPTION to attach an external drive to complete the 'Creators update'..I have deleted all unnecessary files and used disk cleanup...There's approx. 5GB available on the internal drive...the tablet runs very smoothly on the current Win 10 installation...I have an extra16 GB SD drive installed in the tablet AND a 32GB external USB connected with an OTB cable. Neither drive is shown as an option for the update. Why?

Continue reading...

Back