Windows 10 Unable to Update Windows 10 Home or Upgrade Windows 10 Pro

• Thread starter Thread starter D.R. Doc Young
  • Start date Start date
D

D.R. Doc Young

For 1.5 months, I have not been able to update Windows10-Homever-2004 (OS Build 1904.1)

I do have User Account Control (UAC) Administrator Rights, a Windows Live Account also Windows 10 Activation and Product ID#

30 Oct 2020 - Day 1 - began because for over a week, Windows Update fails, Troubleshooters unable to Repair.

31 Oct 2020 - Day 2 - System Restore did not complete - possibly due to Anti-Virus & Malware enabled, causing this. I Did Disable both Norton & Malwarebytes on another attempt Day 3

------------

Windows Update

There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x8000ffff)

The error code 0x8000ffff means your Windows 10 is having update issues. This error usually appears after Windows updates and locks the Windows Store.

------------

I have ran Troubleshooting Windows Update several times, receive ErrorCode: 0x80070057

Another Error when running any Troubleshooters ErrorCode: 0x800705B4

------------

I have ran CMD Admin: SFC /scannow with error unable to repair

------------

I have further done the following

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth
The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully.

DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.

and ------------

CMD-Admin: chkdsk C: /f /r /x

------------

1 Nov 2020 after twice deleting Win10's SoftwareDistribution Folder - still cannot Update Win10 Home as of 6 No2020

------------

Another issue I encounter is Windows Start and type in Services.msc and receive the following Red Error Screen

This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app. mmc.exe

Although I can Open Task Manager, select Services Tab, at the bottom a link to Open Services for purpose of stopping or starting specific services needed if/when prompted.

------------

Patience is a virtue...especially having used Windows for 29 years now....HELP ! is there anything I can do short of a Clean Install ?

D.R. Doc" Young aka FireDocUSMC

Continue reading...

Back