Windows 10 Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop

• Thread starter Thread starter Matt Doherty
  • Start date Start date
M

Matt Doherty

Hello Everyone,

A few weeks ago, as I logged on I was asked to setup Windows Hello on my machine. It's a Surface Pro and domain joined. It didn't work, but it let me log in and get on with my work, so forgot about it. At the same time the YourPhone app stopped working and kept prompting me to setup Windows Hello for my Personal Microsoft Account (and I ran into the problems described below). Again, annoying, but I can live without it. Now, I really need to get a app from the App store and I can't because I need to sign in with a Microsoft Account and not a 'Work Account'. I'm just getting stuck with the below:

When open the Store or try to download an App, I get this:

So, the account covered over in red is my personal Microsoft Account, the machine I'm using is domain joined i.e. the Microsoft Account Windows Hello is trying to register for is different to the user I'm logged on with (I'm logged onto the machine with my corporate account).

I click okay, and get challenged for my password (again for my personal Microsoft Account), then I get this. After clicking okay I get this:

Again, the area covered in red is my personal Microsoft account. The area covered in blue is our corporate domain. I have tried:

• Entering in the credentials for my Microsoft personal account (which switches the domain too).
  • Entering the credentials for my corporate account (which is local admin of this machine)
  • Entering the details of a local account (again local admin) for this machine.

The last option doesn't work, just asked for details again, both the first and second option result in this screen:

Again, red area is where my personal Microsoft account is.

I have tried logging into my personal computer, but all the Windows Hello options are greyed out and I can't reset them; but I don't actually recall having ever set any Windows Hello settings for my personal.

It's infuriating, because now I can't complete the simple task of downloading a store App.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many Thanks

Matt

Continue reading...

Back