Windows 10 Unsuccessful Login - Wrong Password - Internet Explorer

• Thread starter Thread starter FrederickBurton1
  • Start date Start date
F

FrederickBurton1

Hello,

This is more an annoyance than a genuine issue.

Out of curiosity, I checked the "view activity" section of security, and several several "unsuccessful attempts to log-in". Looking into it, the IP address these are from is my computer. They are typically a few hours apart. Looking into it, I tried one solution I found to reset IE settings. Initially I thought this did the trick, as I didn't see any log ins for the day, but checking a second time I saw another unsuccessful attempt. I ran Norton, Malware bites, Norton PowerEraser and even RKill just in case there was something on my system, all turned up negative. If I had to guess what it was, I tried to access my work outlook mail a while back (a different email than the one for my Microsoft account), and for some reason, couldn't. I occasionally get anti-spam hooks for OutLook asking for the password to that email account, though so far I havn't today since resetting IE. I suspect some wires have been crossed causing the issue. The other solution I found was to set my Exchange password to the same one as my Microsoft email, I'm not certain what they meant by Exchange, and even so I'm not keen on recycling passwords, or for that matter a program logging in the background to my account. I'm not getting these so frequently I need to reset my password, but they are slightly annoying, and I'd rather not do a system reset on a computer under a year old to fix them if needed. None the less, I added two-factor authentication just in case.

Does anyone have a solution?

Continue reading...