Windows 10 Updating windows 10 (home edition) has led to audio device not found issue which if somehow fixed leads to system hanging everytime within an hour or

• Thread starter Thread starter Ahmed.A.Ali
  • Start date Start date
A

Ahmed.A.Ali

Hello.

I have a Zen Air mini notebook model no. IL.1106G.232WEGW which has an Intel Atom Z3735 processor , details can be found here :

https://www.lifedigital.com/product/zedair-mini/ .

After upgrading the windows 10 home edition included in it to the latest version, the audio device just disappeared , did not even have option to upgrade the drivers as the device just didn't get detected at all even after trying 'scan for hardware changes'.

After trawling the net for information regarding this issue, i found this webpage where others dealing with the same issue on the same chipset/processor were asking for help :

If i install the file gthm18ww.exe from this link: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/gthm18ww.exe mentioned in the above url , which is basically a file containing drivers for the Lenovo Tablet dedicated to the same processor atom z3735 , the audio device starts to work again but the system starts to hang within an hour or two max.

There is no error IMHO in the event viewer which indicates that that might be possible error/reason behind the hangup.

Last I checked I got this line as the last entry in the event viewer before the system hanged up:

The system is entering connected standby

I have a 'Double Driver' app backup of the system drivers installed from when the notebook seemed to work perfectly before I upgraded the preinstalled version of windows 10.

If i use this double driver app to restore those drivers, the audio device just completely disappears and can't even be detected (eventhough the audio device worked perfectly when the backup was taken) , but the system stops hanging as far as I can tell.

I have tried the builtin audio troubleshooter but it didn't help. (screenshots attached)

the device manager doesn't even show the audio device despite doing the scan for new hardware. (screenshot attached)

I forgot to mention that I have also clean installed windows 10 on it after formatting it, but that too didn't help the issue and the audio device wasn't detected after clean install.

so can someone here please help me with this issue? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back