Windows 10 Upgrading my HP Pavilion 27-r014 all-in-one desktop from HDD to SSD questions

• Thread starter Thread starter mike 123454
  • Start date Start date
M

mike 123454

I have a HP Pavilion all-in-one desktop, Model 27 r014 with Intel Core i7-7700T, CPU speed: 2.9 GHz The hard drive has failed and I appreciate the advice I received in this forum on troubleshooting the problems.

I am now replacing the 1TB HDD with a Samsung 2TB SATA SSD. My questions are:

1. The computer came with a 1TB HDD and a 16 GB NVMe M.2 TLC Solid State Drive, which I assume was to speed bootup and other processes. If I am now going to a 2TB SSD, should I leave the 16 GB NVMe M.2 TLC Solid State Drive in place or does it now slow down the processes by getting in the way? If it is better not to have it, should it be physically removed or should it be disabled somehow?

2. What is the best and safest way to partition the 2TB SSD? Should I create a 50GB? partition for Windows 10 and put everything else in a D-Drive partition?

3. The HP desktop came pre-loaded with HP software as well as Windows 10. I always thought the HP software slowed everything down. Should I load a clean Windows 10 install, or should I also load the HP management software?

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back