Windows 10 USB Audio has tinny sound to it

• Thread starter Thread starter Scottish2
  • Start date Start date
S

Scottish2

Hi

UPDATE: I was wondering if maybe the USB port I had plugged into might be an issue so i swapped to a different port. Sound sounded better so out of curiosity I wanted to compare it and swapped it back to the original port and sound was still good. Maybe the plug just made a bad connection when I plugged it in is that possible you think on a USB port plug which is usually pretty solid.

----------------------------------------

So I have an HP Omen laptop and as with alot of laptop the headphone audio jack stinks. Jiggle it even slightly and the audio cuts in and out.

So last week my brother suggested looking at a pair of USB headphones and I have a hard tie finding right size fitting headphones so I thought what about a USB audio jack.

So I went out looking and this is the jack I got

USB to Audio External Stereo Sound Adapter with 3.5mm Headphone and Microphone Jack for USB Audio Device, Windows, Mac, Linux, PC, Laptops, Desktops, PS4. - Walmart.com

So I got the jack today and plugged it in and it works fine the headphones no long cut in and out. Got my built in mic working also for in game purposes.

Anyways at first I was so glad being I did not have to mess with the jack any more but as the afternoon worn on I noticed that the sound quality well it was quite bad actually. Has a very tinny sound to it.

Is there any way to adjust the audio levels in Windows for tone and base and all that or not?

Or is there a way to make the USB adapter use my built in audio which is great for in game.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dave

Continue reading...

Back