Windows 10 USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in

• Thread starter Thread starter eliaswisdom
  • Start date Start date
E

eliaswisdom

Hello dear community :)

I have a problem with my HP laptop 15-dw1xxx with a Intel core i5-10210U 1.60 GHz, MS Windows 10 home, 64bit.

Suddenly, I got the notification "USB device not recognized" although no USB device has been changed in that moment. Besides, there is the notification sound as if I would plug in and out a USB device. The sound and the notification are appearing non-stop in a 2-3 second period. No USB device has been changed while this occurred and all are working.

Removing all USB devices did not change the issue.

Ways how I tried to fix this but did not change the issue:

-Remove all USB devices, plug them in and out

-Reboot (cold reboot, without the charger, with the charger, safe boot)

-Try to update drivers of Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft), as well as for the USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) but they seem to all be up to date.

-Disable the USB controller or root hub - this clears the issue but also logically disables the USBs which is not an acceptable solution since the USB ports work, despite there is this false notification

-Uninstall the drivers of the controller and root hub, then restart

-Did the same with the tool "USB deview"

-Repeat all of this many times with countless restarts

-Restore windows to a point in the past

-Reinstall windows

None of these could solve the issue, which leaves me behind frustrated :/ I finally turned off the notification sound as well as the pop-up. This is a kind of "symptomatic" solution, since at least the USB devices work normally. The problem, however, of course persists and I can see a USB symbol appearing and disappearing in the right end of the taskbar.

I would be happy about any ideas how to fix this problem. In case I forgot any information do not hesitate to ask me. Thank you in advance!

Continue reading...

Back