Windows 10 USB Devices "randomly" getting disconnected then reconnecting after a few seconds

• Thread starter Thread starter Banjo DinoYT
  • Start date Start date
B

Banjo DinoYT

I've just recently started having this issue, where my USB devices will disconnect out of nowhere while I'm using my computer, and I will hear the normal audio for when a device disconnects. After a few seconds I'll hear the disconnect sound again, then I'll hear the reconnect sound and it takes another few seconds and it starts working again. I've only been able to notice since it does it to a few devices including my mouse. I will hear the noise, my mouse will not be able to move anymore or click, the RGB lights on the mouse turn off, and then after hearing the disconnect noise and then reconnect noise again, it starts working again. This takes about 30 seconds each time and is terribly annoying. I've also noticed that if affects my Wi-Fi booster, and will disconnect me from any usage of the booster when this "random disconnect" happens. I also notice that it will disconnect my Microphone that is also USB connected, as when I open something like Discord right after it will give me a pop-up saying "New Audio Device Connected". I've tried many fixes and looked on many different support forums. I've changed every possible setting for Power Saving and disabled those for the USB's to turn off for saving power. I've uninstalled all the USB's, restarted my computer, and re-installed all of the USB's. I checked for updates on windows, my other drivers, and all the USB devices drivers, and nothing had an update. I thought at first it was my USB Hub, as my computer doesn't have that many ports, but I even tried plugging in my mouse directly into one of the few ports, and still had this issue. I'm on Windows 10, and this issue started somewhat recently. I need to figure out what is causing this, and I know it isn't any certain action I'm doing on my computer either. Sometimes it will disconnect when I'm using my browser, sometimes in games, sometimes while just on my desktop. Please let me know if you have any other fixes to this, or what the cause might be. I have a few other USB's connected as well, but I can't really tell much if they're getting disconnected, as one is just a miniature desktop fan, and one is an external hard drive. I've also disconnected the external hard drive to see if that one was what was causing the issue, but that still didn't fix it.

Continue reading...