Windows 10 USB microphone doesn't work directly plugged in, but works through a hub (Error 43)

• Thread starter Thread starter Jawneh
  • Start date Start date
J

Jawneh

I ran into a weird issue, that I believe is related to drivers, with my new microphone. The microphone is a Jlab Audio Talk Pro. It's a plug n play USB 3.0 microphone and should simply work by plugging it in. I've tried all my USB ports on my computer and none of them work. Windows gives me the below Error 43:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Now, the interesting thing is, the microphone works if it is plugged into a USB 3.0 hub. Windows picks it up and installs the drivers to use it. After installing the drivers with the hub, I did try to plug in in directly again, but I get the error again. The microphone also doesn't work on my wife's computer.

Things I've tried:

1. Updated Windows
  2. Updated my chipset drivers
  3. Used Device Manager to uninstall the device and scan for new devices
  4. Did the above, but restarted my computer instead of scanning for devices
  5. Tried some pre-existing USB drivers to see if any of them would work (none did)
  6. Tried to automatically find drivers
  7. Contacted the manufacturer. They said it should just work, as it is plug n play. They have no separate driver downloads to offer.

I'm running windows 10 home v. 20H2. Hardware, I have a Ryzen 2700x on a MSI B450M Gaming Plus mobo.

Continue reading...