Windows 10 Used command prompt bdcedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot in safe mode and can't even type in my PIN or password anymore to login.

• Thread starter Thread starter KO André
  • Start date Start date
K

KO André

Hi!

I'll get right to the point! It began by me having trouble starting Skype and searched for help. I found a page where several possible solutions/steps are available to try. After the first step failed, I then tried the second - which I regret now. It was to enable safe mode with networking on through msconfig and rebooting the PC. The big problem (I realized later) is that I only login with my fathers local account using a PIN because it's his PC. This was now impossible. I then through a suggestion on a microsoft thread did a hard shutdown twice to enter Repair tool, not sure if it's even called that. This was done so I could enter the command prompt. In there I wrote the command bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and successfully ran the command as suggested. Now it turns out I can't even get the password box to appear, all while showing the background screen with the time and date on the left and battery and wifi connection on the right. Clicking on the screen or pressing certain keys just makes the symbols jump up a bit only to revert back its original positions. And to makes things worse, I have no Windows 10 bootable repair disk or flash drive to fix the problem. I'm obviously not very knowledgeable about this and are in need of assistance by people with expertise in this area. Is there a way to fix this? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks to anyone who have taken the time to even read this elaborate problem!

Continue reading...

Back