Windows 10 User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link never opens in Settings

• Thread starter Thread starter lysakowski
  • Start date Start date
L

lysakowski

The "User Accounts" link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link never opens in Settings.

No error messages ever appear, the "Family and other users" Settings panel just never opens.

When I click on "User Accounts" link or icon in the "All Control Panel Items" in Windows 10, nothing happens. If I right-click on the icon and select Open or Open Window, nothing happens.

I have wasted 5-6 hours trying to fix this problem. And NOTHING that is recommended works.

I have other people in my family who MUST have their own login screen. Right now it looks to them that I am the only user account in the system because there's only 1 account appearing on the login screen.

I cannot Switch Users when I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, because no other accounts appear on the login screen.

Because the User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel and "Family & other users" link never opens in Settings, I cannot make changes to the ways that accounts are displayed.

If I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to try to Switch Users, no other user accounts appear. This happens whether or not that currently logged in user (the only one that appears) has a password or not.

I can add accounts as an administrator using the Computer Management plugin in MMC, but then those accounts do not get added to the login screen.

I have applied all patches and the operating system is up to date. I have initiated Repair 2 times with no change to this problem.

This sucks because I don't want to have to reinstall the OS and wipe out many days of work to get my applications and environment set up.

Again no error messages, NO Application or Event Logs show up except:

"The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event."

"Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Windows.Devices.Perception.dll "

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon

Date: 1/6/2019 10:48:34 AM

Event ID: 6000

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-E49BBUA

Description:

The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon" Guid="{DBE9B383-7CF3-4331-91CC-A3CB16A3B538}" EventSourceName="Wlclntfy" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">6000</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-01-06T15:48:34.436013900Z" />

<EventRecordID>6702</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-E49BBUA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>SessionEnv</Data>

<Binary>D9060000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Log Name: Security

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Date: 1/6/2019 10:56:44 AM

Event ID: 5038

Task Category: System Integrity

Level: Information

Keywords: Audit Failure

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-E49BBUA

Description:

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Windows.Devices.Perception.dll

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" />

<EventID>5038</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>0</Level>

<Task>12290</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8010000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-01-06T15:56:44.809497200Z" />

<EventRecordID>110601</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="6092" />

<Channel>Security</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-E49BBUA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Windows.Devices.Perception.dll</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Continue reading...

Back