Windows 10 User Profile Cannot Find a Network Printer that is Active on an Admin Profile

• Thread starter Thread starter mc_333
  • Start date Start date
M

mc_333

I have a windows 10 Home 64-bit machine with an admin account that I use, and a user account that my son uses. The windows 10 pc is connected to a local network via ethernet, to a second PC running windows 8.1. An HP Officejet 5600 series printer is connected physically to the windows 8.1 pc.

On my admin account in the windows 10 pc, I'm able to find and connect to the HP printer by typing in the network path to the shared printer under the "Find a printer by other options" in the Add Printer application on windows 10. However, when I login to the user account for my son, the same network path does not find the HP printer. Specifically, I get a "Windows cannot connect to the printer." Under details it lists: Operation failed with error 0x00000002

This is the limit of my knowledge on troubleshooting windows hardware devices in windows 10. Does anyone have any suggested fixes to add the printer onto the second (non-admin) user account?

Continue reading...

Back