Windows 10 Visual Studio 2019 linked to disappearing task bar icons and failure of copy/pase functions ?

• Thread starter Thread starter RickFornalski
  • Start date Start date
R

RickFornalski

My WIN10 machine has behaved perfectly since it was built.

I recently started developing some windows applications using Visual Studio 2019 (also installed in error, Visual Studio Blend which I don't use).

When I execute my windows application, in debug mode, it runs and I may make some small changes that do not raise any errors from VS nor do they trigger any run time errors.

My code involves a windows form plus load and safe file dialogue boxes to load a file for processing (converting to a bitmap) and saving the result (successfully)..

When I run my code again, it may stop for some inexplicable reason; none of my controls work.

The file open dialogue may not display or the main form may not be displayed.

I look down to my task bar to find most of the icons have disappeared though the mouse will activate the associated programs if they are minimised.

Any recompiling of my C# code will not create a running program until I restart my machine and my task bar icons are restored and my code executes with the changes I added and all seems well..

On other occasions, I will be working on my C# code and I find that I cannot copy and paste files or folders in order to move some of my files around or create copies for protection purposes.

I note that, exercising VS2019 by selecting and pasting pre existing text in the environment, will cure my copy and paste issues.

As the task bar issues and copy and paste failures all seem linked to VS12019 running on the machine, I am seriously concerned that the presence of VS2019 is affecting the apparent stability of my machine.

At NO other time does my machine play up. ONLY when I am working in VS2019 writing my C # application.

There is NO code to interact with external devices other than loading and saving files using the tools from VS2019.

Just large data arrays to hold a 640 by 640 BMP

The last time it failed spectacularly and my following restart showed "Boot manager missing......"

Should I be scared of VS2019 ?

Continue reading...

Back