Windows 10 Weird glitches and issues

• Thread starter Thread starter aVando_85
  • Start date Start date
A

aVando_85

Hi there! This is my first post on here, and also my first Windows PC! Please bear with me as there's a lot of info below, but this has been a very frustrating experience for me lately.

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit - 10.0.19042 (fully updated)

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

AsRock B550M Steel Legend (latest bios)

Corsair LPX Vengence 2x32gb 3200mhz Ram (running XMP profile 2)

EVGA GTX 1060 3gb

All devices and drivers are up to date as far as I can tell.

I am having some major issues with Windows and my computer. I use the computer to video edit, mainly using Premiere Pro and After Effects. Most of my issues occur when I am using this software, but I also noticed some weird things about windows. I just built this comp myself last month.

Issues: (Most of the time these issues occur when I am working in the aformentioned software)

1. Screen flashing black once or twice. (rarely happens)

2. When I click the "windows" button in the bottom corner and click power, nothing shows but a slight blur where the shut down, restart buttons are supposed to be. ( this only happened a few times randomly )

3. When I hover my cursor over the minimized apps that are showing in the bottom right corner dock where the clock also is, 90% of the icons disappear. ( this only happened a few times randomly )

4. My custom keyboard RGB settings get reset randomly. I have a Logitech G815, and I spent time customizing it, and it has randomly reset and erased all my settings several times. ( I am signed into the app, and I would think the setting would be saved under my name, so it seems my settings are being deleted) This has happened when I get a message from my discord app asking me if I will allow G Hub to communicate with Discord, and after I select "deny" the reset has happened.

5. My Ethernet port stopped working randomly a few weeks ago. It shows no light activity. (it's enabled in the bios)

Adobe Specific:

5. The UI in Premiere Pro doesn't keep the same layout as I previously set. It resets to it's own setting even after I save my layout.

6. I have 5 SSD's in the pc, with the OS on 1 drive, my media and project files on 1 drive (sharing 2 nvme drives using windows spanning), and media & cache on 1 drive - and with all this, Premiere Pro seems to still play the timeline back sluggish and it still lags, and for my setup, I feel like 1080p content should be playing seamlessly ( I am mainly editing codecs straight from my Sony A7s2)

7. Specific App issues with After Effects and Premiere Pro are, getting "low on system memory/can't allocate enough memory", image buffer errors, freezing, crashing, my "program screen" showing black or green suddenly and not being able to play my footage.

* I am now running an older Premiere Pro version which has seemed to help a bit with the crashing.

I could go on, but this is all I can recall at the moment. I have done tests and error checks on my CPU, memory, and GPU, and they come out clear. I have a feeling this is software related, and to my a lot of signs point to video related issues, so not sure if it's my video card, although several tests have not shown any issues with the card.

Not sure how you can help, but any suggestions are recommended. I may try reinstalling windows to start, but I am working on a project now and have to wait before I do anything drastic.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Continue reading...