Windows 10 Weird Issue With Aero Peek Feature (Windows 10 Pro)

• Thread starter Thread starter Kyle Jennings
  • Start date Start date
K

Kyle Jennings

Running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on a custom-pc & have noticed this issue a few days ago but have not had it before. These are specs for my pc setup in case anyone is interested or needs to know: System Builder

Here's what going on with the Aero Peek feature on my pc: it will work fine to view the desktop itself, but trying to use it to view videos playing in the background on other browsers only yields a white screen where the video should be instead of the video(s) playing. I have noticed this issue whenever I have 1 browser playing a video in the background while I use my other browsers for other tasks. After some troubleshooting on my own, I know that my browsers are fine & NOT the issue at hand. Drivers are all installed with no issues, Windows is fully updated & the system is clean Even after checking via the SFC /Scannow command in Command Prompt, it says there are no corrupted files on my system & there are no missing ones either. BTW, the browsers I use on my pc are Yandex, Google Chrome, Opera GX, Brave & Edge (Chromium).

A couple weeks ago, I didn't have this issue, but I was having some issues with my ISP's internet speeds. At the time, I ran a scan with Panda Cloud Cleaner thinking something slipped onto my system, (I just wanted to be sure.) but nothing did. It did find a few items it seemed to think were malicious or unknown. That's when I made the mistake of removing those items before checking to see what they were. The next time I tried to log in, it wouldn't even get me past the login screen, so I chose to do a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 just a few days ago, the process went smoothly, but the same issue is STILL there. I tried some troubleshooting with a Microsoft technician, but he couldn't localize the issue. He did however suggest just doing an "in-place upgrade" to see if that would help any. It did at first, but a few reboots later (troubleshooting-related), the issue just came back. As mentioned earlier, I have tried a little bit of light troubleshooting on my part, even though I still don't yet know Windows 10 like the back of my hand yet.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions or needs more details about the problem, ask away & I'll be sure to fill you in! :)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Continue reading...

Back