Windows 10 What the f**** is happening to windows? I lost two days of work after pressing CTRL-Z in the file explorer.

• Thread starter Thread starter Michiel_698
  • Start date Start date
M

Michiel_698

I copied a folder I'm working in in my documents to create a backup. I started working for two day's in the newly created folder, I left the windows explorer window open.
I have multiple screens and didn't realize at some point I had the windows explorer window active when pressing CTRL-Z, that apparently undid the creation of the new folder I did two days ago and deleted all the new files I had created inside this folder. How can this just happen? What the f*** windows!? Whenever else I want to delete files, it always asks me are you sure you want to (permanently) delete?
Yes I have tried using CTRL-Y, but at the time i realized what happened that didn't work anymore.

Then I had al kinds of bad experiences.
1. I wanted to look in the recycle bin, but i could not find the damn thing, I went to the my desktop folder in the file explorer, no recycle bin to be found. I tried searching 'recycle bin' in the search bar, then i tried searching for it in settings, found nothing. You apparently have to go to the physical desktop, and then all of a sudden there is a recycle bin?!? Why is it not visible in the file explorer if i go to my desktop? ****. Btw there was nothing in the recycle bin which was deleted with the CTRL-Z.

2. I wanted to search the my documents folder and its subfolders to find the most recently edited file, but it doesn't f***ing work. It doesn't search in the subfolders, and it shows files in the search results which don't even have a match with my search string. After copying the whole folder to a different location on my drive which is not indexed, the search works fine.

3. I used file recovery software, which takes a long time to run, so I left my pc on overnight. But it did a f***cking windows update and restarted!!!

Come on windows, you have how many users? Functionality you had in windows for decades doesn't work anymore? Do you even do testing on your software? Do you think before implementing something like undo redo functionality in the file explorer? It doesn't seem like you do

Continue reading...

Back