Windows 10 When resuming Windows 10 from sleep, the display goes through a loop where it seems to pause/crash then function properly again

• Thread starter Thread starter kpcwazabi
  • Start date Start date
K

kpcwazabi

This situation seems somewhat specific so I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

When waking my HP Envy x360 15-bq100 from sleep, the display seems to go into a halted state where the graphics card crashes and seems like it could go into a blue screen. Although, after a few seconds the display catches back up and functions properly. This pretty much goes through a loop where it halts for a lengthy amount of time then resumes for a few seconds. The only way to solve the issue is to do a hard shut down and start windows from a shut down state.

What I've done so far (in sequential order):

- Reinstall Windows 10 on a new SSD (I upgraded from an HDD)

- Reinstall graphics drivers

- Update BIOS

- Ran memtest, the test passed

I used to have an issue where I would get a BSOD with THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER every other time I turn on the laptop. Doing a BIOS update seemed to have solved the issue for most cases. Sometimes, I will still get the BSOD but not on a repetitive occasion. Seeing as how I've updated my graphics to the latest settings and updated my BIOS, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a memory issue regardless of passing memtest?

The issue started after I reinstalled Windows onto a new SSD. My old HDD didn't have this issue, just the THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER BSOD whenever I would attempt to update my graphics driver.

Continue reading...

Back