Windows 10 When will we be able to have the full taskbar and other UI elements on multiple monitors at the same time?

• Thread starter Thread starter _Steve_Wallace_
  • Start date Start date
S

_Steve_Wallace_

There are threads going back many years where people have asked for the full taskbar, i.e. including all elements such as notification icons, to be available on multiple monitors at the same time. These threads are all locked so we can't add further posts to add our support to the requests for this functionality.

I find it astounding that many years later it still isn't possible to do something so basic and important. There should be no user interface features that can only be accessed from one screen.

Another example is the desktop icons, which only show on the main monitor. It should also be possible to have these mirrored to other screens (obviously we don't want to mirror the entire screen, that would make the multiple monitors pointless).

The issue is that I will sometimes have something in full screen mode on one screen, and I need access to all UI elements on the other screen. I can't always use the same screen to show the full screen mode app because one screen is 1080p and the other is 4k. They each have their pros and cons, so some things can only be done on one of the two screens, in which case I need all the Windows UI elements to be available on the other screen. And it also depends whether the full screen mode app is the main focus of my attention or not as to which screen I want it on.

When will these basic elements of full multiple monitor support be added to Windows?

Continue reading...

Back