Windows 10 whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot and select proper boot drive or insert boot media in selecte

• Thread starter Thread starter Chemixt1
  • Start date Start date
C

Chemixt1

Following sequence occurs when machine sleeps:

Put computer to sleep by timing out or by touching power button, or selecting sleep from start menu. – System goes to sleep quickly.

Touch mouse: system starts to wakes up.

Windows home image Screen appears quickly, and just freezes for about 10 seconds (not responding to any key press etc) after 10 seconds the screen disappears and the system tries to go into a reboot process. After about 20 seconds a black screen appears, and shows error message “reboot and select proper boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot drive and press a key”

If I touch a key the message simply repeats. If I push ctrl-alt-delete the system will reboot. But after reboot attempt it returns to the same black screen and the same message reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

The only way I can get the computer to restart is if I do a cold boot. (power off, or press and hold start button), If I press and hold the start button and reboot the system starts to respond with a normal cold boot response. Once the system finishes from the cold boot I can operate it normally again.

Product Model & S/N:

Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming, SN = J8MCFM048784

BIOS/FW Version

CPU:

Intel I7 8700K 3,7 ghz

Memory:

16 gb Ballistix sport (2X8)

HDD:

Inland professional Solid State Drive 1 TB 2.5” SATA

VGA:

Geforce GTX-180 TI FE

Power Supply: