Windows 10 Why are all my Personal Files Stored in OneDrive without my permission when I've never used Onedrive and After Reformatting/Resetting PC for Resell?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashleysph
  • Start date Start date
A

Ashleysph

I've never used Onedrive (so far as I recall). I've always used Dropbox to store my personal files. I was about to resell my PC and so reformatted Windows 10. I did this by going to settings > Reset my PC. This is recommended if you want a complete format of your hardrive before reselling it. It warned me that all my personal files and folders and apps will be removed.

After reformatting my PC I did a search of the C drive to make sure nothing was left. I was shocked to discover thousands of Business files were still available on my reformatted PC. In fact if I right click these folders and select Properties it tells me there are over 20 GigaBytes of data. Too much data to download within such a short period of time after reformatting. Why were all my files left on my PC after reformatting? What's even more shocking is that I've never used Onedrive so I dont understand how those files could have got there in the first place.

Please excuse my ignorance but could someone please explain how this could have happened. Do I have to actually physically copy and paste (or move) files into the Onedrive Folder on my PC so they're stored on my PC and the cloud, or is there some other process whereby I could have accidentally designated all files withing a root folder (I use an external Hardrive) as files to be backed up with Onedrive?. Is it possible to do this inadvertently without realising it?

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back