Windows 10 Why can't I update Windows 10?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shaunak_P
  • Start date Start date
S

Shaunak_P

Hey there!

I'm unable to update Windows on my Lenovo laptop since 2 months now. I'm currently stuck on Windows 10 version 1909. When I tried troubleshooting, it didn't detect any problems, although when I used 'Get Help', these were the commands I was told to run:

Important

You need to run both the DISM and SFC commands shown below, not just one of them, and you need to run DISM first and SFC second.

Open an elevated command prompt. Right-click Start, and then select **Command Prompt (Admin).**If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow or Yes.

Type the following command, and then press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Note It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

Type the following command and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

Note It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

Close the command prompt, and then run Windows Update again.

When I ran these commands, I couldn't complete the first command as it didn't find certain files. From what I've read on the internet, I'm guessing that my Windows 10 system files may have been corrupted due to some reason. Will a 'Fresh Start' from the 'Settings' solve this issue?

PS: My Lenovo laptop is of the following series -> Ideapad Slim 3; in case it helps. And I do have my Windows 10 product key (although it came pre-installed, I extracted it by running the following command in Command Prompt -> wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey) so, if needed, I can use it (hopefully).

Continue reading...

Back