Windows 10 Why can't I use my Microsoft Store when I disabled updates?

• Thread starter Thread starter LouayAhmad
  • Start date Start date
L

LouayAhmad

My laptop's hardware just doesn't allow for updates. The space it came with barely leaves me with 1.5 GBs after windows takes all the other space "in case I clear up more so they could completely commence the update". So basically, It takes up all the space even if it in't possible to update and tells me that it's going to keep it until it can get more even after I uninstall everything. I recently found out to 1) delete the files in softwaredistribution to get back that space the update the update took and 2) go to services and disable Windows Update. To my surprise, I got more space than I ever had on my laptop before with about 7 GBs although it's slowly declining for some reason. I never really liked using USBs so this was huge for me.

Anyways, 7 GBs still wasn't that much (plus I was used to having very little space) so I mainly get apps and games from the Microsoft store. However, it stopped working. I used troubleshoot multiple times and it told me there was a cache problem even after I made a cache.old file and used Wsreset. After trying to install something a few more times and getting the error not, I finally clicked see details to see if I missed something. What does it do? It tells me to re-enable Windows Updates and have all my space taken up and my Laptop lag all the time to the point of being un-usable.

My solutions? I tried factory resetting to be greeted by a message telling me that even if I did, a factory reset would bring me the newest windows version. I thought that would be nice until I read the next line saying "you don't have enough space for it so you can't factory reset". I tried everything and the only thing I found from Microsoft was an old forum that told the people to re-enable updates. Please help me or come up with a solution or even a Github line of code I'll do anything except re-enable updates and I need my Microsoft Store really badly since some things on PC are exclusive to it.

In conclusion,

Please help

Continue reading...