Windows 10 Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ruth2340
  • Start date Start date
R

Ruth2340

Most of my photos I have saved on Flash Drives, but maybe 5 Photo Folders are still on my PC and I want to keep those particular ones there so I chose for each to "ALWAYS KEEP ON THIS DEVICE". But for some reason every time I Restart, I lose one of those Folders and have to copy it back from my Flash Drive. Happened again today. 2 of those Folders that did not disappear, were not checked Green to Always Stay on my device. There was a check mark but it was not solid green and in order to get it back to Always keep on this Device I had to uncheck, then re select that Always Keep. This is getting a bit old with me. At one point I lost several pictures in those Folders and had to rescan them and save them back in the Folder plus put them on Flash Drive to be sure I had them there. So I do end up with the same photo on Flash Drive, because since I have thousands on there, I don't always look to see if that particular photo is still there. I get a notice sometimes if I happen to name it the same as what I have on there, but I don't always remember what name I gave a particular photo. I like One Drive, but as I said it gets rather old having to do this all the time. So I would like Microsoft to fix that particular issue if they are able to. Thank You.

Add On: One Drive keeps photos also, but only the Photos, not the Inscription of who the photo is of, so all you get is a whole bunch of photos to see, but would be nice if the Inscription/Name of who the photo is of was there and in Alphabetical Order. Like I said, I have thousands, because I do Genealogy, have 20,000 names in my Data Base and pictures for thousands of those names. That is why I have Individual Folders for each Ancestor in our family plus each of my 13 Siblings families.

Continue reading...

Back