Windows 10 Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube?

• Thread starter Thread starter Supernova1860
  • Start date Start date
S

Supernova1860

Here's the general rundown, I have 2 monitors, my primary one that runs in 4k on a display port and the secondary that's connected through HDMI and runs 1080p.

The issue is that whenever I view a video that is 1080p or higher on YouTube through my secondary monitor, both screens will turn black for 2 seconds and come back on with the secondary monitor having overall changed resolution. (I can't tell if it's trying to lower or gain resolution) Best example I can describe is if someone is using Adobe Photoshop and is turning sharpness all the way high on an image. My only way to stop this is by going into the control panel for the display settings and mess around with it meaninglessly and it goes back to normal, same 2 second black screen too.

My best guess for what started this is that I recently updated my driver for NVidia, but reinstalling and restarting the computer has not change the situation, and I can't find any other way online that best fixes my problem I'm facing.

Continue reading...

Back