Windows 10 Why does the OneDrive that is shown in File Explorer of my unlinked PC have a folder full of the Desktop from the unlinked PC and why do they also sho

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeff A. Davis
  • Start date Start date
J

Jeff A. Davis

This makes no sense. I don't use OneDrive and I don't want to but I do have a Windows 10 Nokia Lumia 950 phone and I sort of like to understand how things work or if they're not working as they should. Is this normal?

I didn't put it there myself and in fact, this is a fresh reinstall of OneDrive after having uninstalled it while trying to fix another problem in another question here on this site.

Here's part of my home computer's Desktop and it has all of those same icons except for the shortcut to start the NASCAR Racing 2003 game.

It's weird that if I go to some Desktop folder that I find in my phone's OneDrive, it also shows those same links. But my PC isn't supposed to be Linked. The OneDrive cloud icon by the clock is grey and if hovered says "OneDrive not signed in".

I'm really not trying to fix anything but I'm just wondering what's going on and if this is normal.
Oh, and when the heck is the OneDrive forum going to be unlocked? Is it so overwhelmed with stuff that Microsoft had to throw a red flag and stop the whole field on the backstretch instead of just a caution flag to slow the field down?
It's been locked for quite a while now. What's up?

Continue reading...

Back