Windows 7 Why does volume on my MS4000 USB wired keyboard not work for a few seconds upon startup?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Is Interested
  • Start date Start date
B

Bob Is Interested

For Win7 64bit. Whenever I have to first adjust my volume via my USB Microsoft 4000 wired keyboard's control there is a lag of about 10 seconds before it responds. If I use system32/sndvol.exe its immediate.

I was curious what is causing this lag and if there's anything I can do (other than use the volume buttons upon startup before I need to to activate it or "turn it on")?

I'm surprised sndvol.exe isn't used more as it gives volume control over each program that access audio. Very handy program to have on your Start Menu. I just wish I could get it to open full width. On my 1920x1080 screen it is half width which is silly. It should remember the last screen size. Or have a maximize square on it so you can at least use a keyboard shortcut. I have noticed there is a conflict between it and the ThinkOrSwim stock trading program if sndvol.exe is left running for a while. I just close it and just use it if I need it. Initially there is no conflict. ThinkOrSwim uses a lot of memory so maybe its taxing my system somehow though I set it to use 12gb and I have 16gb with nothing else being resource heavy.

Another audio query: Does anybody know how to stop Windows 7 from moving the Recording Levels? It drives me crazy. No matter what the setting they float around. Do I need to use another sound driver? I'd love to meet the brilliant person who designed this stunning piece of software.

Continue reading...

Back