Windows 10 Why is microsoft working so hard to remake my pc from a tool to a toy?

• Thread starter Thread starter WallaceAultman
  • Start date Start date
W

WallaceAultman

I use a desktop, primarily, until today, I used office, and outlook daily. But, with the updates, all of these utterly useless apps I have to wade through that serve no purpose for me, my family and coworkers, we have decided to take a apple class to just use our cell phones, and even buy some other apple products. Damn it.

Two weeks ago, we had just recovered from the fall update on each of these PC's. Then we were hit with the new update and we were all shut down for almost an hour when we should have been working. No option out, just sit there and take it up the kazoo. Sit and wait for microsoft

This was especially bad because part of what we thought the microsoft reps had done was turn updates off permanently. The update started on all but one computer, (hers is still on windows seven and runs perfectly well, damn it :).

So, here we all are, two pc are already boxed up, we are not happy to be rid of them, but Microsoft has made them useless, unpredictable/unreliable. At this point, we are all going to go back to windows seven, my brilliant wife will fix this one when I am done here.

One guy is suggesting that we try lexis(?) on one of them?

I know microsoft is hot to sell there new pads. ( I messed up and bought one for my daughter, who at first was excited, but then complained about it being slow and the apps did not apply to students, just a bunch of silly stuff). She went out and got a new I Pad. She is still happy with it, it is indeed faster and far more useful, I may finally break down and buy a few of them. They are junk.

I fought for microsoft products for years, but in the middle of this, my subscription for office popped up, and now, outlook is not working. So, after a ten minute meeting, we have all decided to give up on microsoft. For us, it is now just giving all of its attention to those who do not work, and who want to use their PC as toys.

Fine.

Would it be better if we could choose which apps we download? For us, the question is moot, we are all moving on, and we will have to ask others that we deal with to start using our format. It looks like everyone is on board, and happy to be done with microsoft. But yeah, for us, if we had the choice of what "apps" we have to spend our time waiting for, my computer would not have required hours of having a microsoft representative poking around on my computer to get it to semi-work, and in the end having all of my correspondence corrupted and unsaved work pissed away. (Somehow he forgot to leave mail, and or office, he apparently had to remove several items I used to get at the things that were buggering up the works. There are a ton of suggestions on the website that are supposed to help, but so far we have not found one that actually works, and now we have lost our confidence that the folks at support have a clue.

So, does microsoft ever plan to allow us to have some control over our computers back? Is the PC just a toy again? I feel betrayed by *m, they want more money but refuse to give me an OS I can use. So. oh well

Continue reading...