Windows 10 Why is the behaviour of the highlight or select function throughout windows becoming utterly un-useable?

• Thread starter Thread starter AndrewBedford1
  • Start date Start date
A

AndrewBedford1

Firstly, I am not someone who is oblivious to windows settings, advanced options in the office suite etc.

But seriously for the last 5 years or so it seems the most basic and fundamentally important function within windows/office is becoming un-useable. I strongly suspect this is because you are prioritising UXP for people on touchscreen devices, but if that is the case can you not include an option for those of us who have more important stuff to do than check facebook updates, like say running a business and putting food on a table the option to retain actual useability of the computer software we paid you good money for.

It is seemingly impossible now to just place a cursor were I want to highlight and drag to the end of the where I want to highlight without it highlighting an entire paragraph, or skipping the cursor to a completely different part of the page, selecting the entire document or engaging some other random function I had no need or desire for.

Is there some kind of magic setting to correct this nonsense other than all the entirely obvious ones?

Who tests your software? They need new employment.

Continue reading...

Back