Windows 10 Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens since win 95

• Thread starter Thread starter afasfwwr2
  • Start date Start date
A

afasfwwr2

Hi

Again, the game, or crapvidia drivers crashed, and a WER error report error message appeared, that it couldn't send the error report, so the error at the error... But this is irrelevant. Which is relevant, that a fullscreen application can make windows 10 GUI stuck, just like now, and this isn't the first occurence, this more or less happens since windows 95 so more than twenty years: the fullscreen application stuck but stays on top of any other windows, even the new windows, for example task manager. And without task manager, i can't do anything to help this. Alt-tab window selection works, i can click on X and close windows EXCEPT the errored fullscreen window, and nothing changes if i just select an other window. Ctrl-alt-del works, but even after locking the desktop, and log back, i get the same stucked full screen app again, over any other windows. The only solution is to log off/sign out, losing everything that is started.

And this is the better event, as there was such things like the fullscreen application made the screen black, with a moving mouse cursor, but nothing more. Not even ctrl-alt-del worked, and while the system actually was running (seeing it from the moveable cursor, HDD led activity, and ethernet activity), the only solution was to push the reset button. Even the short push of power button signal didn't reach the windows kernel, as when the GUI stuck, everything is stuck.

In linux there is a key combination to restart the full GUI subsystem, and also keys to jump in TRUE console (so not a window with console like in windows). In 2019 microsoft isn't able to do this.

It's ridicolous that windows is so rigged to its badly developed unstable GUI, and can't be controlled without it. Even the windows server editions have gui, just opening a full screen command prompt by default, as this system can't work in true console mode.

But then why there isn't any solution to restart the crashed GUI? It seems to be so simple... however i saw many simple things that microsoft can't solve...

Here is a video showing that, it starts after ctrl-alt-del and lock desktop. Task manager isn't appears when i press ctrl-alt-esc, nor if i try to start from ctrl-alt-del view. I also have a shortcut that kills explorer.exe and restarts it, but not even the shortcut key combinations work. It seems key input also locked to GUI.

VID_20190715_224913.mp4
No matter which GPU, i had such problems both with AMD, and nvidia cards, with win 95, 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10...

Continue reading...

Back