Windows 7 Why is Windows update such a mess? Do we have an all in Windows update solution?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sammy888
  • Start date Start date
S

Sammy888

Is there an all in one .iso (basically a cumulative quasi unofficial service pack 2) that has all the updates (in correct order) up to the end of life (January 2020) of Windows 7?

I diligently put my faith in allowing Windows update to install automatically but I ran into issues with failed updates. I then tried to install each cumulative update pack and I had more issues (too many too mention) but one of the most common ones was that despite having downloaded and installed (supposedly without any "failures").

Windows Update would still tell me I need that particular cumulative update. I tried to manually download the updates from Microsoft's site, but many of the same updates that I have on a duplicate or cloned system will yield an error such as "this update doesn't apply to my system" when I know very well it does (I also took a snapshot of the updates before I went ahead and reinstalled Windows).

This was such a pita.

Continue reading...

Back