Windows 10 Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged

• Thread starter Thread starter FlyingDog51
  • Start date Start date
F

FlyingDog51

Hello everyone, I have a very interesting and weird issue. When my pc is plugged in, I get excellent download speeds and a great connection. However, when I unplug the computer, I can't even load web pages. The connection still says it is very good. Here's my system info: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

System Model: Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

SMBIOS Version: 3.2

Here are the steps I have already taken to try to fix the issue:

1. Updated Drivers

2. Updated Windows

3. Used System restore to a time it used to work correctly (4 days ago)

4. Adjusted Wireless Driver settings so that the PC cannot turn it off to save power

5. Adjusted the power plan settings - Wireless adapter is set to "maximum performance" on battery and plugged in on all power settings.

6. I have only used High Performance.

7. Reset BIOS to default

Odd things that happen:

When there is a background connection, the wifi seems to work extremely well while unplugged. For example, with while using TeamViewer for remote support, my speeds were excellent even while on Battery.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help solve this mystery. It truly has me confused and customer service for Asus could not seem to figure it out either. Thanks again for your time!

Continue reading...

Back