Windows 10 Wi-Fi keeps having problems these are notes I've written trying to fix it. If anyone has more ideas for me to try I'd appreciate the help.

• Thread starter Thread starter b0b_1126
  • Start date Start date
B

b0b_1126

Errors reported that forced restart

kernel security check failure

Driver power state failure

(Before installing the other driver)

The driver would disable itself and could not be enabled. A restart would make things start back up normally with it enabled and working but would sometimes result in a driver power state failure when turning on.

(After installing the other driver) the WiFi connection continues to stop working at random times but starts working again soon after. Currently this is how it is the frequency of this problem is random with it happening from every minute to not happening for hours and having no clear cause.

Solutions attempted

I ran the troubleshooter every time the problem occurred It did not enable So I had to reset. The problem still occurs

Simple restart The problem still occurs

Turning the setting to allow the computer to turn the driver off to conserve power off The problem still occurs

Setting the power plan to maximum performance for the driver The problem still occurs

Reinstalling/updating the driver from the site it came from The problem still occurs

Factory reset while keeping my pictures and documents The problem still occurs

Repeated the steps above after the reset The problem still occurs

Installing another driver from the site I updated the original from The network continues to disable at random but enables itself automatically

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Continue reading...

Back