Windows 10 Wifi disconnects, or has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

• Thread starter Thread starter Geo0orge
  • Start date Start date
G

Geo0orge

Hey,

So over the past month or two, my internet on my computer disconnects a few times then works. After that, it then has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds. I have bought a different Wi-Fi adapter and i still have this problem.

I have downloaded all of the software needed for the adapters, and my computer is fully up to date.

I live in two separate houses, at one house I don't have this problem at all. My adapter only disconnects once when first connecting to the internet then works, from then i have no problems with ping on the internet.

At the other house, i have these ping problems my Wi-Fi disconnects several times before working. However, I am the only person in the house that comes across this problem. We have several other computers in this house and they don't have the problem. My other devices I own, phone, laptop dont experience these problems.

DETAILS THAT MAY HELP

A few months back, my wifi adapter completely broke my computer at the house i have problems with. I couldnt even turn on my computer without a pc error coming up. I would get to the screen saver and it wouldnt let me click or type anything and would crash. I fixed it however, did a bios update and my computer worked. If i use that old adapter it crashes my computer.

I also ran into the problem of my adapter disconnecting everytime i would connect to the internet, i messed with some settings and it now longer disconnects.

(Keep in mind, that all of these problems happen at this one house NOT the other house)

Continue reading...