Windows 10 Win 10 Desktop shuts down randomly

• Thread starter Thread starter GabrielRaichart1
  • Start date Start date
G

GabrielRaichart1

Hey guys,

So a couple months ago my I got a VR headset and when playing games VR games on my computer it would shut off randomly. I figured that my computer was at some points just clipping and restarting. It didn't happen with all VR games and didn't happen all the time. However, this is when it started happening. I started to notice when building landscapes in Unreal Engine 4 it would clip and restart with no warning and with no error from windows other than your computer was unexpectedly shut off. When classic WOW came out it would happen everyone in a while, so at this point its happening once a week. I recently got back into Starcitzen, which is a very graphically intense game and it would happen every time I played that. Now I am afraid to play graphically intense games and just stick to minecraft.

After doing research i found that there could a number of different reasons I've tried

- Scanning for corrupt files and fixing them

- Changing my power settings to less buggy ones

- I've stressed tested my GPU for 10mins it sustained 82 degrees for 10 mins without crashing

- I switched out my cpu cooler and now have lower temps but still restating

I thought that it was my GPU since it only happens when doing intense things but its not. I am very lost and I don't know what to do.

specs

-intel i7 4790k not oc'd with a cooler master hyper 212

-mobo is mis z97 guard pro

-GPU is a PNY geforce gtx 1080 (blower so temps are to be expected)

-16gbs of hyper x ddr3 1600MHz

- psu is a corsair RM650

Continue reading...