Windows 10 Win 10 Hanging / lagging / Freezing periodically

• Thread starter Thread starter Adam Ashworth
  • Start date Start date
A

Adam Ashworth

Hi, I am currently experiencing a weird issue that I still have not been able to resolve. I got a custom PC about 3-4 months ago and the PC will routinely hang or freeze for 1-2 seconds. This does not stop video or audio but all games, file explorer etc will freeze for a couple seconds. This issue gets worse the longer my PC is on and will increase in frequency the longer the PC is on. It also occurs when I am not playing any games but just watching a youtube video working in my IED etc. I have attempted several things to try and resolve this but I have not been able to pin point the issue. Below is a list of what I have attempted / looked into and below that is a list of my PC specs. An example of what this will look like when it happens is in OneNote - I will be working and taking notes in OneNote which has several notes in several different sections when the computer hangs or freeze for the 1-2 seconds OneNote will turn fully white and it will appear all of my notes are gone when i move my courser around OneNote the notes will begin to appear again almost as if the freezing hides the visibility to the notes until l my courser enters the section they are in.

Temperature: no issues avg temp sits aorund 70c playing games 33c while working re-installing win 10: no change SSD scan: no errors no issues lower voltage in msi afterburner: no change sfc /scannow in CMD: no change Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in CMD: no change burn test: passed with no issues limiting browser ram with Opera GX: no change uninstalled and re-installed drivers of several kind: no change altering power settings: no change creating custom power plan: no change Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F Processor (6x 2.90 GHz /12MB L3 Cache) Motherboard: MSI MEG Z490I UNIFY - WiFi 6, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 3 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2) Memory: 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200 Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready) Power Supply: 650 Watt - InWin 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply Processor Cooling: 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling System - White Primary Hard Drive: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD -- Read: 550MB/s, Write: 520MB/s Has anyone experience this or knows a solution to this constant hanging.

Continue reading...