Windows 10 win 10 update kb5000802 fails to complete after win start up and returns with error 0x800f0922, HELP PLEASE!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter carolsolomon
  • Start date Start date
C

carolsolomon

Hello team microsoft. After several weeks of trying to update kb4601319 and receiving error 0x8800f0922 I decided to hold off re-trying to update win until yesterday due to message that device is missing important updates and fixes. I wasted 8 hours yesterday and again almost all day today trying to get kb5000802 to update. I used the troubleshooter each time - and only twice did it come back and say we changed a few things and so reboot and start process over. I did but still no success accept for one update kb3001652 successfully completed, I keep getting to 100% complete on update and in the next instant the message on screen we arent able to complete changes and are undoing. this process is so so time confusing and frustrating even though it maybe something simple that I havent done, To me nothing is simple when you are not tech savy.

I have had a number of computers since the 80s and never ever had to worry about do anything for an automatic computer update. Everytime I look for help sites on this particular error - i find that it is an easy fix and yet there maybe 8 to 10 different fixes with no guarantees. I am not tech savy nor young and don't want to have buy another laptop just because win team did an update that is not easy for me to fix. Please help with a single fix or make the update smaller so that it goes thru. I have 860 Gig left on my C drive so i dont think space is problem. 8 gig ram intel i-5 I dont have much on my system outside of office 2013 and quicken and my hp laptop is about 3- 4 years old.

Thank you for any help out there. Carol

Continue reading...

Back