Windows 7 Win 7 verify your identity screen at power-up where code request does not work

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve2511
  • Start date Start date
S

Steve2511

I have a 90 year old friend with a login problem with his old laptop. He has used it merrily for years but now cannot get beyond the "Verify your identity" screen on powering the machine up. This laptop is his life as he is not able to go out.

Powering up the laptop he gets a "Verify your identity " page with options to retrieve a code to login. The options are to request a code by a call or text to his phone number ( it supplies the last 2 digits of his phone but requires the last 4 digits ) but the "session" times out before he ( or me ) can retrieve any code to login. I have tried retrieving the required code to no avail. There is a website address ( details below ) to access the security code to reset the password ( a password he has never ever needed before ) which also doesn't seem to work. He cannot use his laptop any more cos he cannot progress beyond this page. It appears to be from Microsoft Live.

The security info is not available from this page & I have no idea what to do.

account.

any help welcome

Continue reading...

Back