Windows 10 Win10 Explorer Folder Views Revert Back to Default Settings & Wont Save Changes

• Thread starter Thread starter Banker1SL
  • Start date Start date
B

Banker1SL

Every time I change the Win10 file explorer Folder View by changing the Folder & Search View Options, modify columns headers by R-clicking anywhere in the column header to be changed. Under View, unchecked & removed all 'details display items' aka column headers (& above my default column subheaders "A-H (11)" list & leaving only "Name". Then added 'detail display item' Modified; moved "Modified" detail display item above Named in the list, specifiied/set widths for both Modified and Name columns. R-click on Modified header, selected Size All Columns To Fit, in View tab selected Sort By, Descending, then clicked OK. In View, Options, Change Folder & Search Options, make specific selections under General/View/Search tabs then back to View tab select Apply to Folders, at Folder Views prompt "Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder's view settings? select Yes then OK. Once finished R-click on any open space in folder view to open the folder's properties, select Customize tab, in "What kind of folder do you want? Optimize this folder for:" select change "General Items" to "Documents" then check box "Also apply this template to all subfolders" & click OK. Once I navigate to another folder or library and return to this folder or its subfolders the columns WIDTHS revert back to Win10 default settings instead of ones I specified. Also, how can the group detail display item subheadings, for example "A-H (11)", be removed/hidden?

Continue reading...

Back