Windows 10 Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem.

• Thread starter Thread starter AlxP.
  • Start date Start date
A

AlxP.

Hello

I use Windows 10.

I have two screens set on my pc, one is a 1980X1080 PC monitor and the other a 4K 3840X2160 Smart TV.

I have to set "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 200% in order for everything on the 4K TV to look proportional.

I used to have text size and other proportional related problems with some apps, others had problem with the 4K TV, others with the PC monitor.

But I found a solution, I go to each problematic app's exe file and tick it to "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and set "Scaling performed by:" to System and most of them seem to work ok after that.

For one problem I haven't found solution yet and this happens only on my PC monitor:

On the Desktop when I move a file to a folder for example the text that pops out is huge:

And the area around the hidden icons on the Start Up is bigger that it should be:

Is there a way to fix this particular problem or an overall solution for the different resolutions to not clash with each other, so I will not have to go to each app that has a problem and tweak its settings?

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back