Windows 10 Window 10 Freezing Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter ratpic2_1071
  • Start date Start date
R

ratpic2_1071

A couple months ago I started having issues where Windows would randomly just freeze up. This started around the same time that my GPU was starting to have problems and had to send in for repair with the MFG. I then bought a new GPU and upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram and the problems I started with seem to continue to escalate.

What started with GPU fans revving to full speed turned into Windows starting to randomly freeze up. When Windows freezes up its not normal in the type of freezing issues I have seen or been exposed to over the years. I still have mouse movement and I can Alt-Tab through any open windows, but I cannot select any of the windows and when I try to CTRL-ALT-DELETE and select Task Manager I get a blank Task Manager window, making the only way to do anything is to perform a Hard Boot by flipping the power supply switch waiting 10-20 seconds and then power back on. Everything will work fine for anywhere from 1 minute to several hours at times it happens over and over again.

I have been trouble shooting this issue following the advise of many different forums that have had similar issues. I have swapped GPUS again and swapped RAM and still have the same Issues. I have completely formatted and re-installed Windows with a clean install. Updated Bios, gone to every MFG website and installed drivers and also used the generic drivers, ran memory test after memory test, stress test after stress test every thing I run does not find any problems what so ever. Nothing seems to help.

I am hoping someone could help me figure this out and not just point me to another forum that I have already tried,

My System:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance Pro LPX DDR4 3200 32GB

Intel 500GB M.2 Boot Drive

WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 Secondary Drive

Seagate 2TB SATA3 Storage

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio

Corsair 750W PSU

Corsair H60 AIO

Cooler Master SF360 RGB Fans

If you want any system information please let me know and I can supply you with anything.

Thanks,

Continue reading...