Windows 10 Windows 10 2020 does not allow Adobe Reader DC to install

• Thread starter Thread starter reklaw#XD
  • Start date Start date
R

reklaw#XD

Up till today Adobe Reader CD has performed well, installing and updating on all previous versions of Windows 10.

Due to a catastrophic crash I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 and decided to down load the latest ISO (2020) for the install.

Following the install I downloaded latest Reader bt could not get it to install (failed in the last section with error code. I tried the trouble shooter several times, no good. I tried all combinations of Administrator and running as previous versions of Windows, no good.

The pdf reader in IE and Edge is so limited it is effectively useless, hence the need for Adobe.

I found an earlier version of Reader on a backup disk and it installed and worked with no problems except when it tries to set the default app, just when it tries to auto update the update fails. (I set the default app for PDF manually.)

Has Microsoft inserted a trap in the 2020 version that blocks Adobe Reader forcing users to utilize their bundled software?

Was the 2020 vesion cobbled together by ex Vista team?

Is there a get around?

The pdf reader in IE and Edge is so limited it is effectively useless, hence the need for Adobe.

Continue reading...

Back