Windows 10 Windows 10 and Network Printers

• Thread starter Thread starter DanielAndThePrinters
  • Start date Start date
D

DanielAndThePrinters

Hello everyone. I'm not able to find anything on this elsewhere, so I think I should ask here. At our company, we are currently scrambling to upgrade to Windows 10. We have about 200 people who need to upgrade, but most people currently aren't able to print with Windows 10.

Our set up is: Windows 10, HP Laserjet Printers (4000, 4050N, etc), and use Windows Server 2012 R2 for a print server. We are moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but we're running into an issue where Windows 10 computers are sometimes not able to print at all. Sometimes we'll purchase several (50+) models of the same computers and not all of those computers are able to print. Sometimes they will be able to print from anywhere and sometimes they'll only be able to print from certain apps (Google Chrome is one).

We use Microsoft Office's suite of apps and can't work without them.

I'll use our most common printer as an example to illustrate the issue we're having. We use the HP Laserjet 4000 for printing. On Windows 7, we are able to add the printer with no issue and print to it with no issue. On Windows 10, we can rarely print with no issue. For the most part, the print job will spool normally locally but disappears right away without printing anything. On Windows Server 2012 R2, it appears and disappears instantly. I've tried different driver versions, changed settings on the printer, and stopped/restarted the spool service with no luck.

Has Microsoft provided any guidance on this? And why am I able to print from some Windows 10 computers and not others?

I'm posting this in the Network and Internet Sub Section because this is a Network Printer (all our printers are managed on our Windows Server 2012 R2 set up).

Continue reading...